Saturday, February 24, 2007

Question 8 Animal Farm

*Entry of your choice: Letter to Napoleon

I decided to write a letter to Napoleon because I wanted to give him an advice how to be a good ruler. I will tell him about how the animals felt about the situation they are at.

To: Napoleon,
Hi. This is Jennifer Seo.
I have decided to send you a letter right after reading the story of “Animal Farm.” How can you act so cruel, hypocritical and selfish? One example of you being cruel is when you chased away Snowball from the Farm with the help of your dogs. Looking at this, you should be ashamed for the fact that you almost killed one of your comrades.
You should know better and how inhumane you are! Examine what you have done! You have deteriorated animals’ hearts, took away their freedom, and turned the whole farm into a chaos! I am going to speak for the animals and teach you a lesson today. Please don’t grant a privilege to animals you favor especially to pigs and dogs. All animals are and should be treated equal. You think you possess special rights while other animals were starving and working as slaves. You should respect the others and try to share your love. Treat them as how you would want to be treated by others.
Evil doings that you have done will come back to you and will a burden that you’ll have to carry for the rest of your life.Remember… what goes around, comes around!
February .25 .2007
From Jennifer Seo
p.s. Please keep in mind what I said and be nice!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

I think what you are saying to Napoleon is just the words that I wanted to say to him. As you have said, I also thought that he was a very cruel and nasty animal and he was one of my worst main characters. Moreover, I also think that the evil things that he did to the animals should come back to him. Thank you for pointing out the wrong doings of Napoleon so well^^

Andrew Lee said...

It is a good stuff to write a letter to a character in a novel. I think that it would have got better if I wrote a letter to a character in a novel. Your letter was really good. Your advice definitely can change Napoleon to be a good ruler of the farm. You pointed out the wrong doings of Napoleon so well. Bye

Justine said...

Hey Jennifer~
Only to people from our class read Animal Farm, so I'm here..in other classes~ lolz

I really like your idea to write letter to Napoleon. Actually, he was a great dictator in the book. He actually fooled the rest of the animals, and was smart enough to use the dogs to scare other animals. It was disgusting to know that Napoleon was actually symbolizing Stalin, a really person who lived. Sending Boxer away to kill although he was loyal, changing commentments in the way he wants it to be... I hope no dictator like him would ever exist again.. At least where I live and as long as I live. hahahahahaha! Don't you agree? :)

Have a great day!