Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Q.8 Lord of the Flies

8*Entry of your choice

I decided to write a newspaper about the boys because I thought if this story was not a novel and real story then probably it might be an issue. I imagine that the boys came back to their hometown and interviewed them as a journalist.

Return of missing children

May 25th, the missing children returned from an island. The royal navy officer rescued them by the fire signal. According to the officer, the English boys were all dirty and messy. He said that at first, most of them lost their senses by acting like savages.
Sadly three of the boys found to be dead, causing the parents to fall into deep sorrow. However, other parents who had reunion with their own child was so moved that they started to show tears. On June 5th, the boys who killed their friend were expected to be on trial. Their parents claimed that their children were too young to know about the value of life but it is not acceptable to public opinions. The court will be held on June 5th as scheduled. The following is the contents of the interview.
Jack:
Q: Why did you kill your friends?
A: I did not really mean to. I feel so sorry for my friends but I was out of my mind. Maybe somebody else was inside me I mean.. That was not me! I am not that of a bad boy who would kill my friends. Trust me please, please understand my actions.
This time I asked Roger.
Roger:
Q: How come you killed your friends?
A: I never killed anybody. Piggy’s death is not my fault. I don ’t know anything. I was just trying to.. push the rock…………… oh…..no… I killed him……
*(Jack and Roger were crying during this interview)
According to Roger’s parents, Roger will be sent to the mental hospital to recover.
This time, I interviewed Ralph.
Q: Hello, how are you doing now?
A: Fine, much better
Q: How was your friend in the island?
A: In the beginning everything was just fine. However they got crazy and crazier. I was so scared. I had to escape from them every single day. I could not sleep well at all. At that time I really missed my home. Everything seemed like a dream.
Ralph was the only boy who followed the dictates of reasons. He secures his live hood again.



Reporter Jennifer/ http://mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/send_mail.form.cgi?TO=totolove1991@hanmail.net

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Haha I love this section. I think you are the first person who did interview. But I think that Roger would never admit that he killed Piggy, no matter how much he hated him. I think Roger should have been sent to mental hospital long tim ago. You showed very good points of this story in this interview. goooooooooooood job.